Diploma in Islamic Studies (p/t)
The Intermediate Diploma in Islamic Sciences (IDIIS) aims to provide conceptual clarity and essential knowledge for its graduates to function as teachers and propagators of Islam; such individuals will be trained to take up religious and educational duties in their local communities.
The IDIIS will train its students in various foundational and core disciplines that are essential for Islamic scholarship. They include, Islamic Jurisprudence and Scriptural Studies of the Qur’an and Prophetic Traditions (Hadith).
This course will provide a comprehensive and integrated method of study, incorporating classical Islamic subjects alongside contemporary teaching techniques. It will give guidance to its students in issues facing the British Muslim community and provide essential teacher training to enable its students to become effective teachers and propagators. The aim of the programme is to gear the students to take up the position of serving the British community as homegrown leaders.
The IDIIS is also an accepted entry programme to the world-renowned centre of Islamic learning in the Muslim world, the al-Azhar University in Cairo, Egypt. This course will enable its students, who wish to pursue a specialisation, to enrol at the prestigious al-Azhar University to further their studies.
- Quranic Translation
- Quranic Exegesis
- Islamic Ritual Law (Fiqh)
- Theology/Divinity (`Aqida)
- Islamic Spiritualism (Tasawwuf)
- Prophetic Biography (Sira)
- Qur’anic Elocution (Tajwid)
- Private Learning.
- Exegetical Principles (Usul al-Tafsir)
- Jurisprudential Principles (Usul al-Fiqh)
- Hadith Principles (Usul al-Hadith)
- Jurisprudential Maxims (Qawa’id Fiqhiyya)
- Objectives of the Sharia (Maqasid al-Shar`iyya)
- Peace Education Syllabus
- Islam in the Contemporary World
- Comparative Religion (Taqabul al-Adyan)
- Propagation Methodology (Usul al-Da`wa)
- Teacher Training
- Modern Science
Registration is open to both male and female candidates who are of a minimum age of 14. The course is an intermediate level course, therefore, it will be intense in nature.
Please feel free to contact us if you don’t meet any of these entry requirements and we can discuss options available.
- 2 weekday evenings from 6.30pm to 9pm.
- Annual: £380 (including £40 registration deposit).
- Monthly: £40 per month over 10 instalments. (including £40 registration deposit).
*All fees and registration fees are payable for each year of the course.
The registration fee will be required at the time of acceptance and the remaining fee can be paid in instalments.
The fees do not include any books and additional expenses, and are only for academic tuition. Examinations costs are included within the fees.
Head of IDIIS