BTEC Nationals (Extended) Business
The aim of the Pearson BTEC Extended National Diploma is to provide students with a sound, basic business education, suitable for those seeking a range of careers in industry, commerce and public administration and thus enabling them to be more successful when seeking employment. It is a well-regarded qualification for entry to Higher Education and advanced professional studies. Almost all UK universities accept it as entry.
The Extended Diploma offered by the college is the same one offered by all FE colleges in UK. The learning methods utilised, enables students to take an active part in their own learning. Course tutors help to generate motivation and self-reliance, which stimulates interest. We do not focus on developing you as an individual but on assignments to give you every possibility of achieving in fast track mode.
Students will be assessed on their work during the course and through assignments set and marked by their tutors.
It is, above all, a vocational course, designed to develop the skills of students to be able to solve problems, which are likely to arise in daily work. In addition, it enables students to continue their studies since it gives entry to a whole range of recognised UK degree courses. It is also possible to obtain subject for subject exemptions in other diploma and professional qualifications.
The course consists of a core of four mandatory units.
The four mandatory units (10 credits each) are as follows:
- The Business Environment
2. Business Resources
3. Introduction to Marketing
4. Business Communication
Option units (10 credits each) currently being offered to students are as follows:
- Business Accounting
6. Financial Accounting
7. Management Accounting
8. Accounting Systems
- Internet Marketing for Business
13. Recruitment and Selection in Business
16. Human Resource Management in Business
20. Managing Physical Resources in a Business Environment
21. Aspects of Contract and Business Law
26. Managing Business Information
28. Business Project Management
33. The Impact of Communication Technology on Business
35. Supply Chain and Stock Management
40. Computer Applications for Financial Management
How will I be taught?
- Demonstrations. Sometimes you will be demonstrated to by the teacher on how to use a particular piece of software or how to connect pieces of hardware together.
- Practical tasks and collaborative learning.
- Practise tasks will be given before the formal assessments.
- Group discussions and debates.
How will I be assessed?
100% coursework submitted via assignments with set deadlines throughout the year.
3 GCSEs at A* – C (Grade 4-9) PLUS a minimum of grade 4 in English Language and Maths.
MCM will consider alternative qualifications to GCSE’s and for mature students will consider work history as part of the entry requirement process. If you do not meet the above entry requirements please get in touch and we maybe able to help – firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 A-Level: £1250 (per annum)
3 A-Levels / BTEC : £2750 (per annum)
BTEC + Islamic Studies: £2750 (per annum)
CEO / Principal - Lecturer Law & Business