Qur’anic Arabic: Level 1 – Online Learning
Study Qur’anic Arabic with Minhaj College
Qur’anic Arabic comprises of studying Arabic from the Qur’an while also touching upon the essential sciences of Sarf and Nahw as they are applied in the Qur’an. It is a modern approach to learning and applying the rules of Sarf and Nahw through the study of the Qur’an, especially useful for learners who are primarily interested in understanding the divine texts of the Qur’an and the Sunnah without having to rely on translations; these sciences are fundamental in such study, and this course facilitates an introductory yet in-depth approach.
Minhaj College is blessed to offer this course. Learners can study and follow this course from the comfort of their own homes as it is provided online as a part-time course, taught over two evenings per week, Tuesdays and Thursday 7pm – 8.30pm
- Minhaj College Arabic from the Qur’an Course Notes.
- Jones, Alan. Arabic Through the Qur’an. Islamic Texts Society, Cambridge, 2006. ISBN 9780946621682
- C Haywood, John A., and Hayim Musa Nahmad. A New Arabic Grammar of the Written Language. Lund Humphries. 1990.
- Morphology Made Easy, Zam Zam Publishers.
- Syntax Made Easy, Zam Zam Publishers, March 2017.
- Easy Etymology. Zam Zam Publishers.
- Thackston, W. M. An Introduction to Koranic Arabic. Cambridge, Mass: Dept. of Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations, Harvard University, 1990.
- Khan, Abdus Sattar. Arabic Tutor Parts 1-4. Darul Isha’at. 2000.
- Dockrat, Moulana Hasan. Tawdih al-Nahw: A Simplified Arabic Grammar. Altaf & Sons, May 2003.
- Alawiye, Imran Hamza. Gateway to Arabic. Anglo-Arabic Graphics.
(can be purchased from: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arabic-Tutor-4-Volume-Set-Arabic-Grammar-Text-Book-Darul-Ishaat/162385769797?hash=item25cef23545:g:9SgAAOSwby9eQsF-)
- Chartaoli, Moulana Mushtaaq Ahmad. Ilm us Sarf (Parts 1 and 2), Zam Zam Publishers, April 2018.
- Muhammad, Moulana Ebrahim. Min Kunuz as-Sarf: From the Treasures of Arabic Morphology. Zam Zam Publishers, Karachi.
- Abdus-Samad, Muawiya ibn. A Comprehensive Study of Arabic Morphology. Jamiatul Ilm Wal Huda.
- Charthawli, Moulana Mushtaaq Ahmad. Ilmun-Nahw. Zam Zam Publishers.
- Bashir, ‘Aamir. Tasheel al-Nahw version 2.2based on ʿIlm al-Naḥw by Mawlana Mushtaq Ahmad Charthawali. Ihya Press. 2015. (For the latest PDF version of this book, see https://ilmresources.wordpress.com )
- Baalbaki, Dr. Rohi. Al-Mawrid – A Modern Arabic-English Dictionary. Dar el-Ilm Lilmalayin.
- Wortabet, John, and Porter, Harvey. Wortabet’s Pocket Dictionary, Arabic-English. Librairie du Liban.
- Al-Qadri, Dr. Muhammad Tahir. The Glorious Qur’an. Minhaj-ul-Quran Publications. UK.
- The Easy Qur’an – the Qur’an in Easy English. Crowned & Renowned. 2019.
Director Arabic & Islamic Studies